Sunday, December 7, 2008

One is the loneliest number

I am lonely. How sad is that? In a house of 8 people, with as large a family as I have, with all my friends, I am lonely. Why is that? Why do I feel like I have to be "with" someone to not be alone. I have more than a lot of people... I have 2 wonderful kids, a HUGE family/extended family that loves me, many friends... yet I feel lonely. I guess it's that one major regret I have about leaving David... that leaves me alone. Leaves me as just "one". It's lonely. I don't have that special person... And it sucks. It is weird for me... I've always been "with" someone.... since I was in High School... starting with my first boyfriend.... I've never been without a "partner" for long... and then I was with David from the time I was 18... so for 8 years I have been a long-term girlfriend and then wife. It's a hard adjustment going from WIFE to single. And it's lonely. And frustrating. And pretty much all-around sucky. I guess I have to get used to it... there's no change for it in the near future... those guys I do know are either taken or not interested. So... I guess I keep going out and trying, and maybe eventually I will miss that one certain person... Or, I'll live with being alone....

Confession-of-the-day:

I sometimes dream about a man who is taken. I haven't acted on it (at least, not in a long time)... but I do have the occasional dream about him. I guess even when you think that you are over something, your subconscious tells you otherwise.

No comments: