Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Turtle... Becoming the Bane of my Existence

So, last night was Mega N's party at the Turtle. I have been to the Turtle 2 times since... well... 2003??? Yeah, that's about right. And both times I got waaaaaaaaay too drunk. This is precisely why I do not drink. The problem is... When I do actually go out, I forget that I don't drink anymore, and I start to drink like I used to. As some of you know... I used to be a BIG drinker... way too much actually.... So when a non-drinker drinks like a professional drinker... well, problems can arise. So, I once again make the decision to no longer drink.... Until the next time ;-)

Anyway, it was good times at the Turtle anyway. Got to see Mega N, which was awesome, and got to hang-out with William and see Cyndii and Amanda. It was good times. Also met a cute guy, and that's always a bonus. We'll see =)

I've been down-in-the-dumps lately... I just have so much stuff going on lately, and most of it I can't do anything about. Heck, I can't even write about some of it in my blog. Aren't these things supposed to be like a diary? LOL, except a diary isn't exactly posted on the internet for everyone to see. Whatever. I will continue to bottle these things inside until I explode, and not in the good way.

*Giggle-worthy comment for today:

This one wasn't actually said today, but it was funny then, and funny now....

*Sissy- (pointing to my chest) "Momma, thats-a your boobies...."
*Me- "Yes, those are mine."
*Sissy- "Momma, this-a my boobies (pointing to her chest)"
*Me- "Yes Ari, those are yours."
*Sissy- (pointing to my chest again) "Momma... that's yucky."

Thanks a lot my darling daughter... Have I mention lately how much I hate my life?


***Confession-for-the-day***

Driving home last night from the Turtle... I was not sober... at all. And I was scared to death... and I seriously contemplated driving off a bridge, over a cliff, SOMETHING. The only thing that stopped me is that there are no bridges or cliffs high enough around here. I don't want to do this anymore.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Lisa I've been reading your blog and biting my tongue. But I think that your posting these because maybe you want honesty so here it is: It's time you put your past and your self pitty behind you and move foward for the sake of your children. I'm not saying this to be mean, I care about your kids A LOT! I don't think anyone disagrees that your life is not the best right now however WE all have to face concequences for ALL the decisions WE make! I say we because I also had a son WAY before I was ready. However your children did not ask to be born and what's done is done. It's now time to buckle down and get your head on straight in order to give them evrything you never had. You DO have people who are willing to help you! But no one can help us unless we help ourselves. Blaming others for our issues gets us NO WHERE. You are a mother your children NEED TO MATTER MORE THAN ANYTHING!!! including your feelings about suicide. You shouldn't have made it home just cause there weren't any bridges but because you have TWO BEAUTIFUL children who need there mother to be strong and pull them through. Again this is in no way a mean comment but I think you need to hear it. If you ever need any reasonable help I for one am willing to help but YOU have to take the first step!