Friday, September 16, 2011

It's Been A While

I just realized how long it has been since I've posted. Obviously I'm not very good at keeping up on this. A lot has happened since I last posted, more than I would even begin to post here.

The kids are back in school. David is already excelling. I got a call from his teacher saying how much she loves having David in her class, what a good student he is, and what a joy he is to teach. I love hearing those things! He's been on star every day in class, which isn't unusual for him, but we still praise him daily for it. Ari is doing well in school, stars and green every day. Unfortunately she's not doing as well at home or Nana's house... It's like she's using all her "good" at school, and leaving none of it for home. This is something that we are trying to work on. Ricky is off to a good start so far. He's already starting the tutoring with my sister, so hopefully having that from the beginning of the year will really help him to stay on track with school. I'm having positive thinking about this!

Both Ari and Jackson had their regular check-ups recently. Ari is 38lbs and 3'8"... Jackson is 25lbs and 3'2".... he's only 6" shorter than his 5 yr old sister! He's definitely going to take after his Daddy in the height aspect. Heck, he takes after Daddy in every way. We actually call him our Mini-Logan because he's so much like Logan and looks so much like him!

I'm missing Aspin, Gaige, and Logan terribly. I haven't even been able to talk to them in forever. I can't wait until they are here for Christmas!!

Right now, it's Football season. Ricky is loving it, and we're loving being part of the Wolverines again. The only downside is that during Football season, David and Ari get screwed when it comes to sports. Not that David cares much, though he does like soccer. Ari does though... she missed out on swim team, cheerleading, soccer, and we can't do dance, b/c we can't afford the monthly payments. Plus I just found out she's still too young to play basketball, so there goes that for her too. She's disappointed, but we don't have much of a choice.

Jackson is getting so big and learning so much every day!! I love this age, when everything is new and exciting. There's always so much for them to discover, and it's always fun watching them learn new things. It puts things into a different perspective. He's very adventurous... very brave... he dives into everything headfirst... with nothing but excitement or stubbornness on his mind, lol... He gets that from Daddy too ;-)

Rick and I are doing well. Rick is trying to truck his way through classes... we all just keep reminding ourselves... FEBRUARY, FEBRUARY... that's when he will be DONE done. Thank goodness, b/c I don't know how much more of this any of us can take. I will be so happy to have my boyfriend back, and I know that the kids will be happy to really have Daddy back.

So, that's the rundown for now... Brief (somewhat) and to the point, lol.

No comments: