Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Things to think about

I get frustrated easily. I really do. It's something that I have always done, and something that, to some degree, I will always do. I have gotten better about it, and I work hard to get even better at it. I am learning to try and look at things from a different perspective. This is not always easy for me, since I always just automatically look at the bad side of everything. It's not good to be so pessimistic.

I sometimes think about how hard it is to take care of the kids while Rick is gone for his work/Army trips by myself, or drill weekends, or when he's at class or doing homework. But you know what? At least he is THERE... or gone for only a little while. I look at Marisa, my sister-in-law, and wonder how the hell she does it! One 2 yr old and a baby, husband in Egypt, won't be back until March, and she is definitely being a Rockstar mom man. I don't know how she does it except by being strong, which she is.

I think about single moms out there and how they are doing things completely by themselves, with no prospect of someone being there to help them... how do they do it? Strength, and having no other option but to do it.

Kids bring out the strength in you that you never knew you had. Things are hard, crazy, scary, but you know you have no choice but to get through it.

Kids put things in perspective for you.

I realize how lucky I am to have a huge family (most) of whom I get along with and who will be there for me and I would be there for them too. I am also lucky to have the few friends that I have. While I don't have many, that doesn't matter to me, b/c the ones I have, their golden man ;-)

I also have Rick. Lord help me, I don't know where I would be without him. I don't know where these kids would be either. He's the man I've needed for a long time, and the Daddy that these kids have always needed. He puts things into perspective too.

Anyway, enough rambling... just wanted to get all that out, lol.

No comments: